Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Where I'm From...

I come from a family with a special gift, my sister.
I come from a giving mother & a genuine father
& a rambunctious Lexi.
I come from a green luxurious back yard
With old men playing an old sport.
I come the seats of Owen's field.
I come from Sunday morning church.
I come from a love for fashion but
Would rather wear gym shorts.
I come from vanilla bean ice cream &
Grandma's chicken dumpling.
I come from feeding baby cows &
baking in the kitchen.
I come from a good girl crazy about Elvis &
with a little help from my friends.
I come from strong influences
I come from things always changing
I come from always having to keep up with everyone else.
I come from a drive to help others.
I come from a family with a special gift, my sister.

A poem I wrote my senior year in high school. It still describes who I am and who I will always be.

No comments: